Dr. Veronica Diaz is a board certified Orthopedic Surgeon specializing in surgery of the hand, elbow, and shoulder.
APPROACHAt Jupiter Hand to Shoulder, we take an individualized approach to treating a wide array of musculoskeletal conditions of the upper extremity. Your office visit will include a detailed assessment of your symptoms and any associated functional limitations, a discussion of your goals and activity demands, a thorough examination, and in many cases radiographic evaluation. She may also recommend more advanced studies such as MRI, CT, ultrasound, or electrodiagnostic testing.
PHILOSOPHYDr. Diaz adheres to a philosophy of shared decision making with her patients, and will discuss all treatment options available, both nonoperative and surgical. She is on the cutting edge of minimally invasive techniques and the latest in evidence-based upper extremity care. The ultimate goal is to return you to pain-free pursuit of your recreational and athletic interests, as well as occupational demands.
PRACTICE SCOPEDr. Diaz has been practicing in South Florida since 2010. Her practice interests include:
• Endoscopic carpal tunnel release and treatment of other nerve entrapment disorders
• Adult and pediatric upper extremity fracture care: distal radius fractures, complex elbow fracture-dislocations, humerus fractures, clavicle fractures
• Thumb basal joint reconstruction or CMC arthroplasty
• Shoulder arthroscopy: rotator cuff tears, labral injuries, biceps tendinosis, subacromial impingement/bursitis
• Elbow arthroscopy and minimally invasive treatment options for tennis elbow
• Wrist arthroscopy: TFCC tears, ligament injuries, carpal fractures
• Reconstruction or replacement for arthritis of the shoulder, elbow, wrist, and hand
• Dupuytren Contracture: needle aponeurotomy, Xiaflex, open surgery
• Distal biceps ruptures
• Sports- and work-related injuries of the upper extremity
• Trigger finger, DeQuervain syndrome, tendinitis
Dr. Diaz earned her medical doctorate from the University of Florida College of Medicine in 2004, and completed her orthopaedic residency at the University of Miami-Jackson Memorial Hospital in 2009. She then completed a one year fellowship in Hand, Upper Extremity, and Microvascular Surgery at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, under the direction of Drs. Mark E. Baratz, Thomas B. Hughes, Christopher C. Schmidt, and Dean G. Sotereanos. Since entering private practice, Dr. Diaz has performed thousands of hand, elbow, and shoulder procedures ranging from flap reconstruction to total shoulder replacement. She has presented her research on treatment of clavicle fractures and distal biceps injuries at national meetings and is published in several peer-reviewed journals.
A native of Miami, Dr. Diaz graduated from Princeton University with a degree in Molecular Biology. She was on the Princeton women’s varsity swimming and water polo teams.